Mental Health Committee
The mission of the Mental Health Committee is to raise awareness and address mental health issues in Schuylkill County.
- The Mental Health Committee is currently working on a community event Hope Through Healing: Rising From Adversity on the topic of traumatic stress and its impact on health and wellbeing. This is scheduled for October 3, 2018 from 11 am - 6 pm at the Fairlane Village Mall in Pottsville, PA. This is a FREE event for Schuylkill County. Call 570-622-6097 for more information.
- The Mental Health Committee is presently working on a Five Facts program to bring mental health information and resources to the community. They will be supporting programming being developed by the Safe Kids Coalition. Anyone interested in joining the committee is welcome.
- The Mental Health Committee has formed a Speakers' Bureau focused on Trauma Informed programming and care. Programs are free to Schuylkill County school districts and we ask a donation to the MHC for community agencies receiving this training.
- October 3, 2018 from 11 am - 6 pm Hope Through Healing: Rising From Adversity FREE Community program at the Fairlane Village Mall. All are welcome to learn about the impact of trauma and toxic stress in our lives. Social Work CEU, CAC credits and Act 48 credits will be awarded to those attending this program.
- Next meeting: TBA call VISION for details 570-622-6097
- Contact person: Kathy Quick at (570) 621- 2894.